Would you like to shape our strategy for data?
Are you passionate about leading a successful team?
Join our Team!
Would you like to be part of a team delivering cutting edge algorithms and intelligent systems solutions to a global audience? Would you like to work with hundreds of terabytes of data gathered over 20 years from around the world, using machine learning or analytics approaches to derive solutions for safety in the Oil and Gas industry? Interested in innovative deep learning and AI solutions?
Partner with the best
As a Data Scientist, you will focus on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. This typically includes statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in Baker Hughes business units.
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for:
- Developing of analytics within well-defined projects to address customer needs and opportunities
- Designing, developing and delivering new algorithms and software for analysis and reporting of pipeline inspection data
- Working alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services
- Delivering technical support, including algorithm and software maintenance, to multi-discipline teams across Baker Hughes' world-wide operational bases
- Collaborating with other engineering disciplines, domain experts, internal and external customers
- Contributing to continuous improvement and quality initiatives as well as innovative approaches and solutions to business problems
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have completed a Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or other relevant discipline related to Data Science
- Have strong numerical skills used in a data science context, including working with numerical data in analytics and/or machine learning contexts
- Have demonstrable skills and experience in algorithm development from design, prototyping and testing to delivery and application to engineering problems
- Have knowledge and experience of current and emerging machine learning/AI techniques
- Have solid software development experience in Python working in a production environment across the full software lifecycle
- Have exposure to Big Data and Cloud technologies (for algorithm development as well as for data storage and software engineering)
- Have SQL and NoSQL data model awareness
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
- Working From Home – flexible arrangements to work from home on agreed days
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.